UT Standard Drivers Ed $50.00
This online driver education course is offered through our partner, DriverEdToGo.com, and is fully approved in Utah and satisfies Utah's minimum permit and licensing requirements.
DMV Practice Tests UT $10.00
Prep Wizard helps you pass the DMV written exam on your first try! Our diagnostic testing software is designed to help you master every section of the written exam with over 1,000 real DMV questions!
Streaming DVD $30.95
New! Our wildly popular DVD is now available in streaming video format! This supplemental learning video makes the perfect compliment to a state approved driver education program.
Driver License Requirements at-a-glance:
- Minimum Age for Learner Permit 15 years
- Learner Permit Holding Period 6 months (if under age 18)
- Minimum Age for Driver License 16 years
- Road Test Yes
- Minimum Amount of Supervised Driving 40 hours, including 10 at night with a qualified supervising driver (i.e.—an adult who’s at least 21 years old who holds a valid driver’s license, and is approved by your parents/guardians to supervise your driving)
- Unsupervised Driving Rules Anyone under the age of 17 may not drive in Utah unless accompanied by a qualified supervising driver even if you hold a valid license from another state. Exceptions to this rule is if driving to/from a school-sponsored activity, work, or on a farming/ranching assignment
- Passenger Rules If you’re under 18, during the first six (6) months after receiving a Class D license, you may not drive with any passengers other than immediate family members unless an adult who’s 21 or older and has a valid driver’s license is in the vehicle
- Driver Education Requirements All first-time driver license applicants must complete an approved driver education program, such as the one offered by DriverEdToGo.com-Wright Driving School, before being licensed in Utah.
How to get your Driver License step-by-step:
- 1Complete driver education
- 2Practice for the written Learner Permit Exam using our free practice tests
- 3Find a driver license office and schedule an appointment for the written exam (you may also simply show up but you may have to wait some time)
- 4Take the Learner Permit Written Exam
- 5Practice driving with your learner permit
- 6Take driving exam