TRD Economy Driving School FAQ's

Is TRD Economy Driving School certified by the California DMV to offer behind-the-wheel training courses?
Although we include TRD Economy Driving School in our directory of driving schools for Riverside California, we cannot make any assurances about whether or not TRD Economy Driving School is licensed by the California DMV.  You should contact TRD Economy Driving School directly and ask them if you are thinking about registering for their Riverside California behind-the-wheel training class.
Somebody told me that I can skip out of attending a driver training school if my parents give me behind-the-wheel training instead. Is that permissible in California?
Each state has its own rules regarding driver training.  Some states will allow parentally-supervised behind-the-wheel training as a substitute for taking a behind-the-wheel training course which is taught by a professional driving instructor.  However, not all states allow this.  You should contact the California DMV to find out for sure.
I can't operate a manual-shift. Will TRD Economy Driving School allow me to do my driver training on an automatic-shift vehicle?
We recommend that you contact TRD Economy Driving School and ask them if you can do your driver training using a vehicle that has an automatic shift before registering for their driver training course.
I live in a small rural town, where there are a lot of small, unpaved roads. Will my driver training with TRD Economy Driving School include being taught how to drive in remote areas? Or do they just offer training for city driving?
Most local driving schools will likely want their students to know how to drive safely in the local area.  Therefore, chances are good that the behind-the-wheel training you receive from TRD Economy Driving School will include handling dirt roads and mountain driving.
Can I apply for my California learner's permit once I turn 14?
Most likely, no.  Most states have set the minimum age to obtain an instruction permit at 15 or 15½.  You may want to contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a licensed driving instruction school like TRD Economy Driving School to learn more about the minimum age requirement in California.
Will I be required to complete both a drivers education classroom or online course and a driver training course in Riverside California?
It depends on which state you live in, but many states now mandate new teen-aged drivers to sign up for both a drivers education course as well as a behind-the-wheel training course.
I am looking to sign up to take a Riverside California defensive driving course. Can TRD Economy Driving School assist me with this?
Yes.  defensive driving courses are available in Riverside California through TRD Economy Driving School.  Please contact TRD Economy Driving School directly with questions regarding their schedule of classes and registration information.
Exactly what type of driver education do I need in Riverside California before I can get my California driver's license?
The prerequisites for getting a driver's licenses vary from state to state, however most states now require teen-agers who are looking to get their first driver's license to complete a drivers education classroom course as well as a behind-the-wheel training course.  We suggest that you contact a local driver training company such as TRD Economy Driving School and ask if they offer a California-approved  driver training course which would satisfy California's driver's education requirements.
I live in Riverside California and would like to apply for my first driver's license. Do I need to take a driver training course before I can be licensed?
California law mandates that all first-time drivers enroll in an approved behind-the-wheel training program before receiving their California driver's license.  TRD Economy Driving School may offer a driver training course that you are looking for.  Please contact TRD Economy Driving School directly for complete information as to what types of driver training courses they offer.
Is it okay for me to sign up to take a behind-the-wheel training class in California before I receive my California learners permit to drive?
Probably not.  Most states require first-time drivers to have their instruction permit before they are allowed to register for a driver training program.  You should contact a driving school like TRD Economy Driving School and request more information.