Mad Area Driving School FAQ's

Can you tell me if Mad Area Driving School is a licensed driver training school in Wisconsin?
Although Mad Area Driving School is listed on our list of driving schools in your area, we are unable to say with certainty as to whether they are currently certified to teach hands-on driving courses in Wisconsin.  We recommend either calling Mad Area Driving School directly or the Wisconsin DMV to find out whether or not Mad Area Driving School offers hands-on driving courses that are state-approved.
Do you know if I can do my driver training with my mother or father instead of attending a driving school like Mad Area Driving School?
Some states allow teen-agers to complete their behind-the-wheel training with their parents instead of attending a professional driving school.  We recommend that you contact the Wisconsin DMV or Mad Area Driving School directly to find out if Wisconsin allows parent-taught behind-the-wheel training.
I don't know how to drive using a stick-shift. Will Mad Area Driving School have an automatic-shift car available that I can use for my behind-the-wheel training?
Since you're enrolling in a Madison Wisconsin driver training class, chances are good that you don't know how to drive either a manual-shift OR an automatic!  However, you should let Mad Area Driving School know what your preference is before enrolling in their behind-the-wheel class.  That way you'll know for sure they will accommodate you.
Since I live way out in a rural area where driving on dirt roads and bumpy terrain is the norm, will Mad Area Driving School be able to teach me how to drive in a rural environment? Or do they only prepare you for city-driving?
Since you live in a remote location, odds are that any local driving school in your area such as Mad Area Driving School will want you to be able to drive safely on dirt roads and rugged terrain.  We recommend that you contact Mad Area Driving School directly to find out exactly what they offer.
Are 14-year-olds permitted to apply for a learner's permit in Wisconsin?
Although a few states allow teen-agers to begin practicing how to drive at 14, most states have set the minimum age for which to hold an instruction permit at either 15 or 15½.  You will need to contact the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a licensed driving school like Mad Area Driving School to find out what the minimum age for driving is in Wisconsin. 
Is taking a drivers education course in a classroom or online sufficient in Madison Wisconsin or do I also have to enroll in a behind-the-wheel training class with a professional driving instructor?
It depends on what the Wisconsin's laws require, but many states do mandate that new, young drivers to enroll in a behind-the-wheel training class with a professional driving instructor as well as a drivers education classroom or online course.
If I need to enroll in a Madison Wisconsin behind-the-wheel training program, can Mad Area Driving School help?
Yes.  Mad Area Driving School offers driving instruction in Madison Wisconsin.  For more information about the type of driver training Mad Area Driving School offers and the training schedule, you should contact them directly.
What are the prerequisites in Madison Wisconsin for getting a drivers license?
It depends on your state's laws, however in many states, teen-agers must complete both a drivers education classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course.  Mad Area Driving School may offer an approved driver training course which you could take.  Please contact Mad Area Driving School for information regarding their available classes and how to go about signing up for them.
I live in Madison Wisconsin and would like to apply for my first driver's license. Do I need to take a behind-the-wheel training course before I can be licensed?
Wisconsin law requires that all new drivers successfully complete an approved driver training program before receiving their Wisconsin driver's license.  Mad Area Driving School may offer a driver training course that you are looking for.  Please contact Mad Area Driving School directly for complete information as to what types of driver training courses they offer.
Is it all right if I sign up with a driver training school like Mad Area Driving School prior to my receiving my learner's permit?
In most states, you are required to have already received your learner's permit before you enroll in your behind-the-wheel training course like the one offered by Mad Area Driving School.  We suggest you contact either Mad Area Driving School to find out more information.