Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) FAQ's

Since Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) appears on your website, does this mean they are approved by the Michigan DMV to offer driver training courses?
The list of driving schools on our webpage is provided as a convenience to our customers only.  We CANNOT guarantee that every single school listed is fully-certified by the Michigan DMV.  You may want to call Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) directly to find out if they offer a state-certified behind-the-wheel training course.
Do I have to take a behind-the-wheel training course? Can't my parents just give me my behind-the-wheel training?
There are some states that do allow parents or guardians to provide their teen-aged kids' required behind-the-wheel training in order to obtain a driver's license.  However many states do not allow any type of substitution for taking a professionally-taught driver training course.  We suggest you contact your state's DMV to find out what the laws are in your state regarding hands-on driving instruction.
Do you know if Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) will let me complete my behind-the-wheel training using an automatic-shift vehicle? I don't know anything about using a manual-shift.
Considering you're a brand new driver, you probably don't know a whole lot about driving ANY type of vehicle, be it a manual OR an automatic!  Nevertheless, if you have a preference, you probably should contact Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) and see if they can accommodate you before registering for their driver training course.
I live out in the middle of nowhere. There are rural and mountain roads everywhere. Will Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) train me how to drive in BOTH rural AND city areas?
If you live in a rural or mountain community, chances are that a local driving instruction institute like Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) will include behind-the-wheel driver training specifically tailored to that terrain. 
After I turn 14, will I be eligible to obtain my instruction permit so I can begin to learn how to drive?
It depends on which state you live in, however most states unfortunately require you to be at least 15 (or sometimes 15 1/2) before you can be issued a instruction permit.  We suggest that you contact a local driver training school such as Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) or the Michigan DMV office to learn more about the minimum age requirement for driving in Michigan.
Do I have to take both a drivers education classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course in Lansing Michigan to get my Michigan driver's license?
The laws vary depending on which state you live in, but most states do require that pre-licensed drivers sign up to take a drivers education classroom course and a driver training course.  You may want to call a driving instruction company like Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) and find out if they offer either (or both) of these programs.
I am looking to enroll in a Lansing Michigan behind-the-wheel training course. Can Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) assist me with this?
Yes.  behind-the-wheel training courses are available in Lansing Michigan through Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing).  Please contact Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) directly with questions regarding their schedule of classes and registration information.
I live in Lansing Michigan. What requirements must I meet to be able to get my first Michigan driver's license?
It depends on the particular laws of Michigan, but most states require teen-aged first-time license applicants to successfully complete both a safe driving classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course.  Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) may offer courses which would fulfill the driver training requirement, however you will need to contact them directly to find out exactly what types of courses they offer.
Am I required to take a Lansing Michigan driver training course?
All drivers in Michigan must take a behind-the-wheel training course.  You should contact Capitol Area Driving School (Lansing) to learn more about the courses they offer.
Will Michigan allow me to register for a behind-the-wheel training course before I actually get my learner's permit?
You will need to contact your state's DMV office to find out.  However, most states require that you receive your instruction permit before you register with a behind-the-wheel training course.