Wright Driving School FAQ's

How do I know if Wright Driving School is certified by Utah's DMV to offer behind-the-wheel training courses?
While we do include Wright Driving School's contact information in our driving school directory, we cannot say with certainty as to whether Wright Driving School is licensed by the State of Utah.  We recommend that you either contact Wright Driving School directly or possibly the Utah DMV to find out if Wright Driving School is a certified driver training school.
Somebody told me that I can skip out of attending a driver training school if my parents give me behind-the-wheel training instead. Is that permissible in Utah?
Each state has its own laws regarding driver training.  Some states will allow parentally-supervised behind-the-wheel training as a substitute for taking a driver training course which is taught by a professional driving instructor.  However, not all states allow this.  You should contact the Utah DMV to find out for sure.
What if I don't know how to drive a vehicle with a stick-shift? Does Wright Driving School have an automatic-shift vehicle they'll let me train with?
Since you're just learning how to drive, you probably don't know how to operate either a manual-shift or an automatic-shift vehicle!  However, if you have a preference as to a stick or an automatic, you probably should call Wright Driving School to see if they can accommodate your request prior to your enrolling in their behind-the-wheel training course.
I don't live anywhere near a city. There are dirt roads and rugged terrain all around my house. How do I know if Wright Driving School will train me on how to drive in a remote area like where I live and not just teach me how to drive in a town-or city-type environment?
Since Wright Driving School is a local driver training company in your area, it's a safe bet that Wright Driving School will be motivated (or perhaps required) to teach its local customers how to drive on rugged terrain.  If you want to make certain, however, you may want to call Wright Driving School to find out exactly what's included in their driver training course before you sign up with them.
Can I apply for my Utah learner's permit once I turn 14?
Most likely, no.  Most states have set the minimum age to obtain an instruction permit at 15 or 15½.  You may want to contact the Utah Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a certified driver training school like Wright Driving School to learn more about the minimum age requirement in Utah.
Is taking a drivers education course in a classroom or online sufficient in Utah or do I also have to take a driver training class with a professional driving instructor?
It depends on what the Utah's laws require, but many states do mandate that new, young drivers to successfully complete a driver training class with a professional driving instructor as well as a drivers education classroom or online course.
I have to complete a safe driving class in Utah before Utah will give me my driver's license. Does Wright Driving School offer this type of course?
Wright Driving School does offer the safe driver training course in Utah that is required by the State of Utah.  You will need to contact Wright Driving School directly for more information about the driver courses they offer and their class schedules.
What type of driver ed do I need before Utah will give me a driver's license?
Each state has its own requirements concerning drivers education, although you should know that most states now require all new, young drivers to sign up to take a safe driving classroom or online course as well as a driver training course.  Wright Driving School may be able to help you fulfill the behind-the-wheel training requirement in Utah.  Please contact either Wright Driving School or the Utah DMV for more information.
Do I have to take a Utah driver training course in order to get a driver's license?
Yes.  All drivers in Utah must enroll in an approved behind-the-wheel training course in order to receive a driver's license.  Please contact Wright Driving School for information on the types of behind-the-wheel training courses they offer in Utah.
Is it all right if I enroll in a driver training school like Wright Driving School prior to my obtaining my instruction permit?
In most states, you are required to have already gotten your learner's permit before you enroll in your driver training course like the one offered by Wright Driving School.  We suggest you contact either Wright Driving School to find out more information.